ThunderShirt is a pet product which is advertised as a way to relieve anxiety in dogs. Read our ThunderShirt reviews plus key product information.
ThunderShirt has been advertised since about 2009 as a way to calm anxious pets. Reviews of the product are generally positive, although its efficiency in the mind of any reviewer is tied to their pet’s reaction to it. Opinions vary, with some users claiming that they see no ease in fears in their dog, to a sense that it takes the edge off, while still others feel it does work as advertised.
Another concern regarding the product is that of proper fitting. Dogs of different shapes will fill out ThunderShirt differently, and satisfaction varies here as well. As of September 2016, Thundershirt boasts a solid 3.8-star rating at Amazon, with the majority of customers expressing satisfaction with the product.
We recommend purchasing ThunderShirt at a local store and trying it out on your dog. If it doesn’t fit or if offers little help, you can return the product without having paid shipping costs.
There are a number of sizes available, from very small to very large. In 2015 we noticed a couple of new variants, including Platinum and Fuchsia colors. There is also a version for cats, although it doesn’t appear to be as popular as the dog line.
Tagline: “The better calming solution.”
- Creation Date: 15-jan-2009
- Phone: 866-892-2078
- Hours: Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm Eastern
- Email: [email protected]
- Address: ThunderWorks, 905 Jackie Robinson Drive, Durham, NC 27701
- ThunderShirt helps keep animals calm so they are more comfortable in situations that were once frightening.
- Parents have been comforting and soothing their babies with the gentle pressure of swaddling for centuries.
- Experts believe that pressure has a calming effect on the nervous system, possibly by releasing a calming hormone like endorphins.
- Using pressure to relieve anxiety in people and animals has been a common practice for years.
- There are 7 sizes for a variety of dog sizes, from under 7 pounds up to those over 110 pounds.
- Additional options include embroidery, and a variety of colors.
- ThunderShirt is available in stores
- Over 80% success rate
Thundershirt costs $39.95 to $49.95 with free shipping. Price varies with design.
ThunderShirt “About” paragraph (2014)
“How can we help Dosi with her thunderstorm fears? This is the question that started the company on its quest to find simple, easy solutions to calm pet fears. In the case of Dosi, we developed the ThunderShirt, and since 2009 the gentle calming hug of the ThunderShirt has helped over a million dogs and cats around the world overcome their fears and anxieties.
As the name ThunderShirt implies, thunder and noises was the first fear we tackled, but along the way, we found that simple pressure helped with a multitude of pet anxieties including separation, travel, vet visits and much more. Our proprietary research also uncovered that over 30% of pets suffer from one or more of these anxieties making anxiety one of the leading issues for today’s pet parents.
For this reason, in addition to the ThunderShirt, we have created other products to help pet parents alleviate some of the anxiety issues their pets may experience, and we have done so under the company name of ThunderWorks. At ThunderWorks, we are committed to finding simple and safe solutions to pet parents’ every day issues because when our pets feel stressed, we feel stressed. And when we feel stressed well, we aren’t always at our best. It is our hope that our simple solutions can help maintain the bond between pet and parent. In essence, helping us all be a better human to our pets.”
Below are screenshots of the official website, taken in March 2014 and December 2015:
- Below is a television commercial for ThunderShirt:
Your ThunderShirt Reviews
Have you tried ThunderShirt? Please give us your review in the comments below and give it a star rating above.
First published: March 2014
Modified: September 22, 2016