Dollar Shave Club Reviews: Is it a Good Deal?
Dollar Shave Club is a service which mails razors on a monthly basis. Although it is primarily advertised to men, the product can be used by either gender.
Dollar Shave Club
Consumers can sign up for a monthly membership to Dollar Shave Club, with three different razor blade options (2 blades, 4 blades, and 6 blades). Its quirky advertising has been heard on such high-profile media as The Howard Stern Show. Reviews of the product have been generally positive, with most opinions stating that the razors are good quality, especially for the price. It may not outperform some high-end razors, but the price-to-quality ratio is good. For people who often forget to purchase razors, this may be a good solution.
- Created Januay 18, 2011
- Phone: 310-975-8528
- Address: PO Box 5688, Santa Monica, CA 90409-5688
Claims & Features
- Slogan: “Shave time. Shave money.”
- Satisfaction guarantee
- Membership can be upgraded or downgraded
- Three membership levels
- Each plan comes with a free compatible handle
- Cannot be purchased in bulk
- Available exclusively on the official website
- Humble Twin: $1 per month +$2 shipping for 5 cartridges
- 4X (aka Lover’s Blade): $6 per month (includes shipping) for 4 cartridges
- The Executive: $9 per month (includes shipping) for 4 cartridges
- You may add Dr. Carver’s Easy Shave Butter for $8, or One Wipe Charlies for $4 per order
- The prices have not changed since we first looked at the product in 2013
- Below is a screen shot of the official website, taken in November 2013. It looks virtually the same in April 2015.
- Below is a recent commercial for Dollar Shave Club
Dollar Shave Club Reviews
- Have you used Dollar Shave Club? Let us hear from you in the comments below.